Business analyst and systems designer.
Retired professional project manager, civil/structural engineer and teacher of business administration and project management with relevant past experience as an IT designer/developer and computer systems validation consultant.
- 2009-present – Owner, Dermod Wood Associates LLC. Consulting to small professional service firms in the areas of project management, virtual teams and web applications.
- 2002-2009 – IT Project Manager and IT Quality/CSV Manager in pharmaceutical research, Taro Pharmaceutical, Eisai, Daiichi-Sankyo.
- 1987-2001 – Graduate study and teaching, communication, management and international business, SUNY Buffalo, NY, Rutgers GSM, NJ, and University of Maryland.
- 1981-1987 – Owner and founder, Montreal Systems Consultants, Montreal and Ottawa, Canada.
- Software development, primarily specialized project and construction management and construction accounting systems.
- Construction claims consultant and expert witness for Revay Associates, Montreal.
- 1973-1980 – Shawinigan Engineering Co. Ltd., Montreal.
- Resident Engineer, dam site investigation and construction, Goose Bay, Labrador and Plateau State, Nigeria.
- Construction Supervisor, rural electrification, Georgetown, Guyana.
- Lead Civil Engineer, LG3 Campsite, James Bay Hydro Development, Quebec.
- Contracts Engineer – procurement contracts for Gentilly Nuclear Power Station, Quebec.
Education and Professional
- PhD in Management (International Business), Rutgers, NJ, 2001
- MBA in Business Administration (Management and MIS), Rutgers, NJ, 1993
- B.Eng. in Civil and Structural Engineering, Sheffield University, UK, 1966
- Certified Scrum Master, Scrum Aliance, 2010
- LSSBB, Lean Six-Sigma Black Belt, 2014
- PMP, Project Management Institute, 2001
- P.Eng, Province of British Columbia, Canada, 1970-75
- Eng, Province of Quebec, Canada, 1975-1988
- MASCE, Member, American Society of Civil Engineers, 1977 (Life Member since 2006)
- MICE, Past Member, Institution of Civil Engineers, UK, 1976